- (C&D) Construction and Demolition Recycling. Construction & Demolition(C&D) debris are generated during construction, remodeling, building repair, cleanup, or demolition. C&D contains many different types of material. Most of which are recyclable. This application would most likely use a steel belt conveyor system.
- (MSW) Municipal Solid Waste commonly known as trash or garbage or a waste type consisting of everyday items that are discarded. This application would most likely use a rubber belt conveyor system.
- (SS) Single Stream (Also known as “fully comingled” or “single-sort”) we refer to a system in which all paper fibers, plastic, metals and other containers mixed in a trash truck and then sorted by people into separate commodities. This application could use either a steel belt or rubber material handling system.
- (Non- Ferrous) Nonferrous scrap. Nonferrous metals, including aluminum, copper, lead and tin. Nonferrous scrap can be recycled a number of times. This application must be a steel belt conveyor system.
- (Glass) self-explanatory this application would take a rubber belt conveyor system.
- (S/T Cans) this application will take both rubber and steel belts material handling belts.
- (Plastic) Self-explanatory this application will take a rubber belt conveyor system.
- (OCC) Old Corrugated Cardboard. This application will use a rubber belt conveyor system.
- (Mix Paper) different types of paper for instance, phone books, magazines, junk mail, office paper, or any type paper that does not fall into the OCC category. This application will use a rubber belt conveyor system.
- (RC6-3) this is a Roller Chain 3” wheels with a 6”Pitch.
- (RC9-3) Roller Chain with 3” wheels with a 9” pitch.
- (RC9-4) Roller Chain with 4” wheels with a 9” pitch.
- (RC9-5) Roller Chain with 5” Wheel with a 9” Pitch.
- (HS6-3) this is a Roller Chain 3” wheel with a 6” pitch it has a Hinge Steel pan.
- (HS9-3) Roller Chain 3” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Hinge Steel Pan.
- (HS9-4) Roller Chain 4” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Hinge Steel Pan.
- (SA6-3) Roller Chain 3” Wheel with a 6” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
- (SA9-3) Roller Chain 3” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
- (SA9-4) Roller Chain 4” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
- (SA9-5) Roller Chain 5” Wheel with a 9” Pitch it has a Steel Apron Pan.
- (DC-082) this is a Drag Chain for a rubber belt we use this on the Low Pro Conveyors.
- (DC131) this is a drag chain for a rubber belt.
- (DC111) this is a drag chain for a rubber belt.
- (DC150) this is a drag chain for a rubber belt.
The length of the conveyor belt and the application will determine the size of chain we are to use on the conveyor. Our quote template has a fault on it and will say the chain will break and we will have to go to the next size to make it work.
For over 40 years Karl Schmidt’s Conveyor’s have provided the recycling industry with top-tier heavy duty conveyors via design, manufacturing and customer service. Now, Karl Schmidt Manufacturing continues the KWS legacy and we pride ourselves in doing what is always right for the customer. One of the most important aspects of having a thriving business is service.
Regardless if it’s a single slider bed conveyor, a small engineering services project, or a single stream MRF, the Karl Schmidt Mfg.’ outlook remains the same, “Do What is Right For the Customer” regardless of their purchase!
We have been engineering & manufacturing conveyors and related recycling equipment since 1978. We have installed thousands of Conveyors, a variety of dual stream systems and single stream recycling systems all over the United States as well as internationally around the World.